Immigrate to Canada with The Express Entry System
What is the Express Entry Program for Immigrating to Canada?
Canada’s Express Entry (EE) system is a selection process used by the Canadian government’s department of “Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada” (IRCC) to select skilled immigrants to become permanent residents of Canada. In order to enter the pool, eligible candidates must meet the Express Entry Canada requirements by qualifying for one of the following Canadian immigration programs.
Express Entry encompasses three Canadian immigration programs:
• the Federal Skilled Worker Program
• the Federal Skilled Trades Program
• the Canadian Experience Class
Some Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) also have an Express Entry component. If you receive a nomination from a provincial authority, then you are able to include the respective approval on your Express Entry submission.
How to Apply for Express Entry to Canada?
If you believe that you are eligible for the Express Entry program, then start by creating a profile or speak to one of our Canadian immigration lawyers. You have 60 days to complete the online profile and upload the required documents. Your profile contains your personal information and skills that contribute to your score in the point-based Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
The profile will help the IRCC determine if you meet Canada’s Express Entry requirements. If you’re eligible, then you will be accepted into the pool where you will be ranked according to your CRS score. You will then wait in the pool until you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residency.
Express Entry Points
The CRS gives you a score based on the information in your profile, including:
– language ability
– work experience
– other factors
You can increase your points for Express Entry with:
– Canadian degrees, diplomas or certificates
– a valid job offer
– a nomination from a province or territory
Express Entry Processing Time
If you are eligible for Express Entry, your application can stay in the pool for up to 12 months depending on your CRS score and the government’s objective during the respective draws. If the IRCC invites you to apply, then you will have 60 days to submit an online application for permanent residency.
The IRCC aims to process your application for permanent residency within 6 months. If you do not receive an ITA within 12 months, then you can update your profile and you will need to re-enter the pool.
Express Entry Refusal
These are some of the top reasons for why an ITA may be denied:
1) Not meeting the requirements
2) Failure to understand what the government is looking for
3) Errors within the submission
4) Failure to optimize points within regulations
How Can I Avoid a Canadian Immigration Refusal?
Applying for an Express Entry visa is a complicated and competitive process that becomes quite timely—especially if you have to re-submit your application. Working with an experienced immigration lawyer can help eliminate errors and optimize your profile.
By working with My Visa Source on your Canada Express Entry Visa, we will start by ensuring your profile is completed, honestly and accurately, with all the required paperwork uploaded within the 60-day deadline.
Common Questions About Express Entry
What are the language requirements for Express Entry?
Your qualifying language ability is dependent on the requirements of your program. You need to take a standardized language test approved by the IRCC to determine your English language ability. Additional points are also available for candidates who prove French language ability.
Can my entire family immigrate after I am successful?
Yes, you can bring your spouse, qualifying common-law partner and dependent children. You must list any dependents on your Express Entry profile, and their level of education, language proficiency and age is considered when calculating your CRS points.
Can I work while I wait for a decision after making an Express Entry application?
Yes, if you have a valid work permit or qualify for a valid work permit.
How many points will I get with a job offer?
The points can range from an additional 50–200 points, depending on the type of job offer you receive.
What are the core human capital factors?
- Level of education
- Language proficiency
- Canadian work experience
Express Entry Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) That Our Licensed Immigration Professionals Can Answer
Not every question can be answered on a web page and your situation is unique. You may have more questions pertaining to your specific circumstances that are not listed here. Let us help you.
- Do I qualify for Express Entry?
- How many points do I need to be selected for an ITA?
- Will I know how many CRS points I have before the draw?
- Do I need a job offer to apply for Express Entry?
- What is an authorized job offer?
- How many points will I get with my job offer?
- What are the six selection factors?
- What is an authorized job offer?
- What is the point breakdown for core human capital factors?
- Do I need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- Once I am in the pool, can I change my information on my profile?
- What happens if I have a birthday before I submit my permanent residence application?
- If I get a PNP do I need to move to that specific province/territory?
- Should I apply to the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Express Entry first? How does FSW funnel into EE?
- Should I apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program or the Express Entry first? How does FSTP funnel into EE?
- Should I apply to the Canadian Experience Class Program or the Express Entry first? How does CEC funnel into EE?
- How do Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) work together?
- What are some misconceptions about the Express Entry program?
Why Contact Us For An Assessment?
Congratulations on taking your first step toward living in Canada. The more research you do on the immigration process, the more you will learn about your specific situation and how we can help you navigate through the Temporary Residence Permit process.
Our Lawyers dedicate themselves to your immigration case, providing legal representation tailored to your personal situation. Our expertise focuses on immigration and visa programs for Canada and the United States, including global immigration.
Immigration is a complex process that requires strong legal strategy, precise paperwork and perfect attention to detail, reducing the risk of wasted time, money or permanent rejection.
Begin Your Application For Temporary Residence Permit Today
We have a dedicated team of licensed professionals standing by, ready to answer your immigration and visa questions.
Book a personal consultation to speak with our immigration lawyer over the phone